Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hello, Department of Defense


Shell takes a look at USNS Mercy, anchored near Cotabato, just off the southwest coast of Mindanao, Philippines.


Here's a photo of Shell checking out the town next to the pier where the boats from USNS Mercy dock when they carry people back and forth to the ship.


As requested, here is a photo of me from today showing my first Navy haircut. It's a little shorter than the haircut I usually get from the Vietnamese barber shop in San Diego, but it's also a little hotter here by Mindanao, so that's okay. The photo also shows me modeling the vest and helmet that I had to get fitted for in order for me to go ashore today for an hour or two. I'm also wearing the Navy issued jumpsuit, which has been dipped in something similar to heavy duty bug repellent. Sorry bugs, no "Jeff" for dinner!

No comments: