Friday, June 4, 2010

Vietnam, Part I

15-On the way to Vietnam--A few days before we got to Vietnam, Lizzy (from England), who works in the Pediatric Ward, suggested that "Under the Sea" decorations would brighten up the Pediatric Ward. So a group worked with construction paper and glue and markers to make decorations. From left to right: Liz, Gari, Kayla, Georgia, Amy Wilde, Lizzy, Taylor, and Kent.


16-Here's a photo of kids flying kites in the park along the beach in Quy Nhon (pronounced Wee Nyong) Vietnam.



17-Here's a funny photo. The first day ashore in Vietnam, I couldn't find a floppy hat big enough for me, so I bought a bamboo hat. The women are laughing because, in Vietnam, only women wear these hats; but the sun was hot that day, so I used it.


18-Nguyen Hue street in Quy Nhon, showing the scooter traffic, and also the construction that is found almost everywhere.



19-At the beach at Quy Nhon, a volleyball game is is progress, with USNS Mercy in the background.


20-Transportation for a family of 4, Vietnam style!



21-June 6, 2010, the 8 p.m. LDS Group Meeting aboard USNS Mercy. "Jonesy" and Jeff in front; from the left, Army Captain Blunck, Louise (Vets without Borders), Bert and Charla Nielsen (who will be going to South Africa the end of November), Kelly, Amy Wilde, Helen, Gari, Karen, Steve, Kayla, Jeff Hamilton, Lizzy, Brad, Cathy, Delores, and Cliff. Hi, everyone. I finally got a clear photo that included Bert and Charla Nielsen, so I thought I'd send it and include David. I'm trying to remember to take a photo after each LDS group meeting, because that's one thing I regret not doing two years ago; it's so easy to forget who was there each different day.


22-At the harbor at Quy Nhon, one of the ships may have had some sort of association with BYU. (smiley face!)

No comments: